Editing Composite (Collage) Pages
Jul 09, 2011 07:23 PM
Collage pages provide for including different kinds of complete content objects within a single page.
- Use the Edit tab to edit the title and description of the object, and adjust settings. (This is how it works for many composite content objects, like folders and collections.)
- To access the contained objects, use the Compose tab.
In the Compose tab:
- There is an alternating vertical sequence of Row and Column entries
- The Row and Column entries can be relocated with respect to their siblings using theirarrow controls.
- Each Column entry can be associated with a content object, directly below it, using theCreate control.
- Use the Edit control for a content items associated with a Column entry to change the content item. Use the View control to get a view by which you can change the content item's publication or sharing status, perform other actions on it, and also drop into editing it. (The Edit control is essentially a shortcut.) Similar for the other controls, except...
- Use the Layout control to change the presentation of an item - try out the different ones to see the effects.
- When done changing a particular item, its content views will include a Back to Collage link, to return to the Composition mode for the collage.
- Don't forget to suitably adjust the publication state of the collage's constituent objects, or visitors to your collage might not see what you intend.